Friday, September 27, 2013

Pizza pasta

Pizza is a magic word in my house. I have made lots of "pizza" items in my day. Pizza soup. Pizza muffins. Pizza-dillas. Actual pizza. I've found that kids jump at the word pizza. For lunch today I made pizza pasta. Super easy, super fast, and can be made ahead of time and eaten chilled. So it would be perfect to pack in lunches.


The recipe is pretty easy, basically put whatever you would put on a pizza in the pasta. Measurements are to your liking as well. For today's pizza pasta I used:

Pasta (Trader Joe's gluten free pasta)
Fresh, raw broccoli chopped up
Pepperoni slices, cut into fourths
4 mozzarella cheese sticks, sliced up
Italian dressing
Salt and pepper

Cook pasta. Mix together. Eat immediately or put in the fridge and eat cold later. 

This is also great for kids to make. My kids love to help in the kitchen, and they can almost make this by themselves. I've already been told next time it needs mushrooms (my sons favorite pizza topping).

I mean, it's not the most delicious thing in the world. But it's moderately healthy and so easy and cheap. It's great for a lunch. 

There a lot of different versions of this, just Google it and you'll find a bunch of different recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment