Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pumpkin....Mac and cheese?

I'm not one of those people who desperately counts down the days for Starbucks to start making pumpkin spice lattes. I don't really like pumpkin pie. Basically, my brain isn't as pumpkin as obsessed as the rest of America seems to be.

My husband however loves it.

So when I was Pintresting (yes, it's a verb now) a mac and cheese recipe to make and I came across this pumpkin one, that I just happened to have all the ingredients for on hand, I had to give it a whirl. Plus it healthied up mac and cheese a little (or so I like to tell myself).

To be honest, I was not expecting good results. But it was actually really good! The pumpkin made it creamy more than anything else, with just a hint of a savory flavor that went well with everything else. You *almost* couldn't even taste it. 


Look! It's gooey!

I followed this recipe from Brooklyn Farm Girl to a T (with the exception of using gluten free noodles). Which I never do. So I don't have any changes to recommend, except that it needed some salt and pepper. Which we did to our individual bowls. But that would all be to taste. 

Pumpkin. It's not just for lattes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment