Friday, September 27, 2013

Roasted mushrooms and fruit salad


I subscribe to emeals. So sometimes I follow their meal plans. I don't love their meal plans. I have a hard time picking a meal plan that really suits the way we like to eat. The vegetarian plan is most like what we like, but not perfect. I usually pick 4 meals to make out of the 7 they provide. I feel like their plans cost more money than when I do my own meal planning. And I feel like we eat better food on my plans. I don't know how that works out. Just tastes preferences I guess.

Poorly pictured above is one of their meals. Roasted portobello mushrooms with blue cheese and a side of summer fruit salad. The mushrooms were good, I would have preferred them sliced over a salad though. Just to make it a little more main dish-y. But I would make it again.

The fruit salad was ok. It was fruit mixed with yogurt, cinnamon, and honey. The kids LOVED it. I would have rather eaten a bowl of a fruit and then a bowl of yogurt. But that's just how I roll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment